ezoic

Friday, April 29, 2016

How I got my first Amazon advertising api search

How I got my first Amazon advertising api search.

It is not very easy.

You need to get, access_key,  secret_key,  associate_tag.



And especially, your access_key need to register with Amazon advertising api. Otherwise, you will get one  error, saying your account need to register with Amazon advertising api.

To do this, you first register on:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/

And you will get the associate_tag which is on the right upper corner of your sign-in page. There is a word 'Store' besides the associate_tag. 

And then under 'tools' tab:


select product advertising API. And you go to a new page:

Click  'sign up now'. And you are there.

And to get the access_key and secret_key, log into the following page:


https://aws.amazon.com/console/

There is a 'secret credentials' on your name. And you click it, go to a page like this:





And you can generate Access key and secret Access key. The system will generate a txt file which contains your keys. Sometimes, you need to delete some old keys to generate new keys.




At beginning, I continuously got error on chrome Restful app.

Then, I use python amazon searching api on Jupyter, I got



I got the results. 

Here is the doc on this api:


And this page shows which item it can return. 


And here is a good book talking about this project. It is called Python Network Programming Cookbook. You can buy it on Amazon.com. 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

looking for a man

 I am a mid aged woman. I live in southern california.  I was born in 1980. I do not have any kid. no compliacted dating.  I am looking for ...