ezoic

Friday, June 3, 2016

How to set up eclipse kepler ( for c++) IDE on windows, illustrating with pics

I tried to use windows emacs to build some c++ program, but when the c++ program has input, it will not work. So I tried a free c++ IDE , called eclipse.

Eclipse is a free IDE for many languages. 

First download eclipse c++ IDE zipped file from here:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/kepler/SR2/eclipse-cpp-kepler-SR2-win32-x86_64.zip


And save it to a directory on your computer, and unzip it.


And click eclipse.exe in the eclipse folder, and you can see your eclipse.

The eclipse interface looks like this:



To create a new project, go to file=>new etc:






After writing a project, go to  project=>build project:




 When I first built my project, there was an error, "make" not found in PATH. If you have such error, and you use MinGW, go to "bin" folder under MinGW, rename the mingw32-make.exe to make.exe.

And when I ran my first project, there was an error, "Launch failed, binary not found". If you have such an error, right click your project, go to properties=>c/c++ build => setting=> binary parsers=>check PE windows parser.


Then, it will work.












No comments:

Post a Comment

looking for a man

 I am a mid aged woman. I live in southern california.  I was born in 1980. I do not have any kid. no compliacted dating.  I am looking for ...