ezoic

Friday, December 23, 2016

My year-end pc laptop purchase experience and installing ubuntu on Asus laptop etc

I bought a laptop pc at the end of 2016.  My experience. told me one thing


Do not buy PC during black Friday that period. Usually during that period, you won't get best deal. Sometimes, sometime after that period, you can get better deal. Like this year, there was a microsoftstore 12 days of deal in Dec. One can get some good deal then. Like some good dell or asus under $500

Another thing is that SSD is much better than HDD cause HDD pc can make some noise, and not so stable.

And I tried to install ubuntu on Asus. One problem is that it is hard to get the boot option 1 to be usb. I turned the secure boot to be disabled, and enable CSM, and switched between f2 and f10. And I finally boot from usb to get the ubuntu installed.

And I first installed ubuntu 16.04. There was some problem with 16.04. There was no sound. And I did a lot of things to make the laptop sound. And still some bug there.

So, I switched ubuntu 14.04. It is better. There was sound when I just  installed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

looking for a man

 I am a mid aged woman. I live in southern california.  I was born in 1980. I do not have any kid. no compliacted dating.  I am looking for ...